Children and Parenting

I want my children to live with me.
What can I do?
In most cases, the Family Law Courts encourage the parents
of children to decide what will happen with the care of children after a relationship breakdown. If you and your partner can communicate with each other, you may be able to enter into a flexible parenting agreement. Contact our office for a template for a parenting agreement. You need to know that there are risks with this approach as the agreement that you reach has no legal enforceability.

If you and your partner want a bit more certainty, you can enter into consent orders. We always recommend that the agreement is confirmed in consent orders that are approved by the court. You can contact our office and we can assist you to draft the documents for filing at court. In this way, only the paperwork (not the people) goes to Court and the orders once approved by the court become legal enforceable.